Pharmaceutical Filtration Market to be Worth $21.96 Billion by 2030: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, May 22, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- The global pharmaceutical filtration market size is estimated to reach USD 21.96 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 8.03% from 2023 to 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8.03% from 2023 to 2030.The growing biopharmaceutical industry provides the necessary impetus for market expansion. Additionally, the rampant growth and approvals by regulatory bodies in the field of biologics and biosimilar medicines have extrapolated the need for filtration at various stages of production. For example, nearly ten large molecule drugs or biologics were approved by the U.S. FDA in 2021, which increased by 30% in the year 2022 as thirteen biologics were approved. Thereby, the increasing approvals will propel the market's growth.
Key Industry Insights & Findings from the report:
- By product, the membrane filter segment held the largest share of 26.08% in 2022. The product provides precise and uniform pore size distribution along with consistent purification capacity, ensuring pharmaceutical manufacturing standards.
- By technique, microfiltration held the major share of 34.41% in 2022, due to the versatility to remove a wide range of impurities from biopharma products. Additionally, the technique removes impurities without impacting the biological activities of the medium.
- By type, the sterile segment captured a dominant share of 55.79% in 2022 as it provides a critical manufacturing step in a plethora of pharmaceutical products. Additionally, the inclusion of automation in the process of sterile pharmaceutical filtration propels the segment.
- The final product processing application segment accounted for the largest market share of 41.55% in 2022. It is primarily to ensure the safety and efficacy of the product by removing any form of impurity for patients partaking in it. Additionally, strong regulatory guidelines propel the segment hold.
- By scale of operations, the manufacturing segment captured the largest share of 64.95% in 2022. The dominant share is due to an immense scale of drug manufacturing and various process control in place to ensure safety, thereby, increasing the usage of pharmaceutical filtration products at the manufacturing scale.
- North America holds a key position in the pharmaceutical filtration industry with a share of 43.23% in 2022. It can be attributed to the presence of various large-scale manufacturers in the region along with a strong healthcare infrastructure, supporting both the development and consumption of biopharmaceuticals.
- Some key players include Meissner Filtration Products, Inc.; Merck KGaA; Sartorius AG; Danaher; 3M; Parker Hannifin Corp; Amazon Filters Ltd; Graver Technologies; Eaton; and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Read 150 page market research report, "Pharmaceutical Filtration Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Membrane Filters, Pre-filters & Depth Media), By Technique, By Type, By Application, By Scale Of Operation, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2023 - 2030", published by Grand View Research.
Pharmaceutical Filtration Market Growth & Trends
Various players involved in biopharmaceutical manufacturing are entering into collaborations or regional regulatory bodies are allowing for offshore manufacturing of large molecule drugs which provides a strong impetus to the market growth. For instance, in August 2022, Europe Medicines Agency provided Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certification to a CDMO, Charles River Laboratories of the U.S.
The following certification will now allow for offshore manufacturing of allogenic cell therapy products, thereby increasing the demand for pharmaceutical filtration products. Additionally, various market players are introducing filtration technology at both upstream and downstream levels of biopharmaceutical manufacturing, hence, proportionating the demand for pharmaceutical filter products. For example, in November 2022, Alfa Laval launched a multipurpose membrane filtration system for upstream and downstream application levels for both food and pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Due to the onset of the pandemic, a surge in the development of vaccines and biologics led to a positive impact on pharmaceutical filtration products as biopharmaceutical manufacturing requiring the usage of vaccines necessitate filtration processes. Furthermore, the utilization of single-use filtration products provided immense traction to the market, as manufacturers and researchers had to avoid any chance of cross-contamination with the viral strains used.
For instance, in September 2022, Pall Corporation announced the launch of three new Allegro Connect Systems, in continuation with the single-use portfolio of filter systems. The following product will provide automation control and control the risks, adding immense value to the pharmaceutical production of therapeutic drugs and vaccines. However, the pandemic also imposed various issues in the supply chain, which in turn negatively impacted the manufacturing and commercialization process of the COVID-19 vaccines to a certain extent.
Pharmaceutical Filtration Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global pharmaceutical filtration market based on product, technique, type, application, scale of operation, and region:
Pharmaceutical Filtration Market - Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2030)
- Membrane Filters
- MCE Membrane Filters
- Coated Cellulose Acetate Membrane Filters
- PTFE Membrane Filters
- Nylon Membrane Filters
- PVDF Membrane Filters
- Other Membrane Filters
- Prefilters & Depth Media
- Glass Fiber Filters
- PTFE Fiber Filters
- Single-Use Systems
- Cartridges & Capsules
- Filter Holders
- Filtration Accessories
Pharmaceutical Filtration Market - Technique Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2030)
- Cross Flow Filtration
Pharmaceutical Filtration Market - Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2030)
Pharmaceutical Filtration Market - Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2030)
- Final Product Processing
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Filtration
- Sterile Filtration
- Protein Purification
- Vaccines And Antibody Processing
- Formulation And Filling Solutions
- Viral Clearance
- Raw Material Filtration
- Media Buffer
- Bioburden Testing
- Cell Separation
- Water Purification
- Air Purification
Pharmaceutical Filtration Market - Scale of Operation Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2030)
- Manufacturing Scale
- Pilot Scale
- Research & Development Scale
Pharmaceutical Filtration Market - Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018 - 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players in the Pharmaceutical Filtration Market
- Merck KGaA
- Amazon Filters Ltd.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Parker Hannifin Corp.
- Sartorius AG.
- Graver Technologies
- Meissner Filtration Products, Inc
Check out more market research studies published by Grand View Research:
- Single-use Filtration Assemblies Market - The global single-use filtration assemblies market size is expected to reach USD 11.8 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 18.70% from 2023 to 2030. The increasing demand for biopharmaceutical products, rising research and development activities, and the need for cost-effective filtration systems are the major drivers of the market. The biopharmaceutical industry is growing rapidly, with an increasing number of companies investing in R&D to bring new drugs and therapies to market. Biopharmaceutical products are sensitive to contaminants, which can affect their efficacy and safety.
- Hollow Fiber Filtration Market - The global hollow fiber filtration market size is expected to reach USD 1.76 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 14.3% from 2023 to 2030. The rising demand for bioprocessing products, the availability of skilled professionals, and expanding growth opportunities in the biopharma sector are among the key factors expected to propel market revenue growth during the forecast period.
- Tangential Flow Filtration Market - The global tangential flow filtration market size is estimated to reach USD 4.98 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 11.53% from 2022 to 2030. The major factors contributing to the market growth are the advantages offered by tangential flow filtration (TFF) over normal flow filtration, the increasing demand for vaccines and therapeutics derived from bioprocessing operations, and the rising investments for exhaustive R&D activities to develop new technologies in TFF.
Browse through Grand View Research's Biotechnology Industry Research Reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Grand View Compass | Astra ESG Solutions
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- September 2023
- Barcelona: BioSpain 2023
- October 2023
- New York City: BioFuture