Glaucoma Clinical Trial Pipeline Accelerates as 45+ Pharma Companies Rigorously Developing Drugs for the Market Entry
The glaucoma pipeline and clinical trial analysis report delivers important insights on ongoing research, clinical strategies, upcoming therapeutics, and commercial analysis.
LAS VEGAS, May 18, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- DelveInsight's 'Glaucoma Competitive Landscape – 2023' report provides comprehensive global coverage of available, marketed, and pipeline glaucoma drugs in various stages of clinical development, major pharmaceutical companies working to advance the pipeline space, company assessment, comparative assessment, and future growth potential of the glaucoma competitive domain.
Key Takeaways from the Glaucoma Competitive Landscape Report
- Over 45+ glaucoma companies are evaluating 50+ glaucoma drugs in various stages of development, and their anticipated acceptance in the glaucoma market would significantly increase market revenue.
- Key glaucoma companies such as Santen Pharmaceuticals, Visiox Pharma, Nicox Ophthalmics, pH Pharma, Omikron Italia, Tarsier Pharma, TearClear, Laboratoires Thea, EMS, Peregrine Ophthalmic, Ocuphire Pharma, HK inno.N, VivaVision Biotech, Qlaris Bio, Future Medicine, PolyActiva Pty Ltd, Theratocular Biotek, Whitecap Biosciences, JeniVision, AbbVie, Noveome Biotherapeutics, and others are evaluating new glaucoma drugs to improve the treatment landscape.
- Promising glaucoma pipeline therapies such as DE-130A, PDP-716, NCX 470, PHP-201, Citicoline, TRS01, TC-002, T4032, Bremen, POLAT 001, Nyxol, IN-A010, VVN539, QLS-101, FM 101, PA5108, TO-O-1001, WB-007, JV-GL1, AGN-193408 SR, ST266, and others are under different phases of glaucoma clinical trials.
- In December 2022, Visiox Pharma announced that it had received notification from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that the agency had completed its filing review and accepted for filing the New Drug Application (NDA) for PDP-716 (0.35% brimonidine tartrate) for the treatment of glaucoma.
- In October 2022, Essex Biotechnology Ltd announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary Essex Bioinvestment Ltd had secured (i) a patent and know-how license agreement; and (ii) a patent assignment deed in relation to SkQ1, an active pharmaceutical ingredient from Mitotech S.A. Under these Agreements, Mitotech grants Essex Bioinvestment worldwide rights (excluding Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Russia) and interests in SkQ1, transferable and irrevocable, in the field of ophthalmology exclusively.
- On October 6, 2022, Santen Pharmaceutical announced that the European Medicines Agency (EMA) had accepted the Santen filing for reviewing the marketing authorization application for the use of STN1013001 for the lowering of intraocular pressure (IOP) in open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension. The marketing authorization application is based on a clinical package that includes positive results from a Phase III clinical trial conducted in Europe and Asia – a non-inferiority trial of STN1013001.
- In September 2022, TearClear announced that the company's lead product, TC-002 (latanoprost ophthalmic solution 0.005%), met the primary and all secondary endpoints in the CLEAR Phase III pivotal trial. With these results, TearClear plans to file a New Drug Application (NDA) with the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the first quarter of 2023.
- In May 2022, Qlaris Bio, Inc., announced results from QC-201, a first-in-human, Phase 2 clinical trial of QLS-101, the Company's investigational therapy for lowering intraocular pressure (IOP) in the treatment of glaucoma. Study findings demonstrated a favorable safety and tolerability profile for QLS-101, including no evidence of hyperemia (eye redness) and a positive efficacy signal, in patients with primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG) or ocular hypertension.
- In December 2021, Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company Ltd. announced that it had entered into an agreement with Visiox Pharma LLC (Visiox) to grant exclusive worldwide rights (except for India and Greater China) for the development and commercialization of PDP-716 and SDN-037. Under the terms of the license agreement, SPARC received an upfront payment, milestone payments, and royalties on sales, in addition to 10% equity* in Visiox.
Request a sample and discover the recent advances in glaucoma treatment drugs @ Glaucoma Competitive Landscape Report
Glaucoma refers to a group of disorders characterized by distinctive cupping of the optic disc and associated visual field abnormalities caused by retinal ganglion cell death. It is a progressive disorder that is the leading cause of irreversible blindness in the globe. Open-angle glaucoma and narrow-angle glaucoma/angle-closure glaucoma are the two major types of glaucoma. In both cases, the "angle" refers to the drainage angle within the eye, which governs the outflow of the watery fluid produced within the eye.
Most people with glaucoma do not notice symptoms until they lose their vision. As glaucoma destroys the optic nerve fibers, tiny blind patches may form. These specks typically appear on the side or in the peripheral vision. Many people do not detect blind spots until considerable optic nerve damage has occurred. Blindness can occur if the entire nerve is damaged. Although there is no cure for glaucoma, early glaucoma treatment can frequently prevent more damage and preserve vision. Glaucoma is treated with various methods, including medications (typically eye drops), laser treatment, and surgery.
Find out more about glaucoma treatment drugs @ Drugs for Glaucoma Treatment
Glaucoma Pipeline Analysis: Drug Profile
NCX 470: Nicox Ophthalmics
Nicox Ophthalmics is actively developing NCX 470, a novel, second-generation nitric oxide (NO)-donating prostaglandin analog. NCX-470 may benefit glaucoma patients by a mechanism other than IOP reduction, most notably by improving ocular perfusion. Preliminary research indicates that if approved, NCX-470's dual mechanistic approach (nitric oxide donation and prostaglandin F2 activity) could make it the most effective single-agent glaucoma therapy in terms of IOP-lowering efficacy. The medication is currently in Phase III clinical trials for the treatment of open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
TRS01: Tarsier Pharma
TRS01, developed by Tarsier, is a potent, fast-acting immunomodulator administered as eye drops for the treatment of non-infectious anterior uveitis in patients with uveitic glaucoma, which is considered an end-stage uveitis condition. Once a patient has uveitis plus glaucoma (uveitic glaucoma), the only effective therapy for active inflammation, steroids, should be avoided due to the negative effects of hastening glaucoma and vision loss. TRS01 could thus become the standard of care for uveitic glaucoma. TRS01, an eye drop formulation of TRS, is being developed to treat the signs and symptoms of active uveitis in patients with uveitic glaucoma. TRS01 is now undergoing Phase III testing.
A snapshot of the Glaucoma Pipeline Drugs mentioned in the report:
Prostaglandin F2 alpha agonists
Brimonidine ophthalmic suspension
Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company
Alpha 2 adrenergic receptor agonists
Nitric oxide donors
Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors; Prostaglandin F2 alpha agonists
KATP channel modulators
Rho-associated kinase inhibitors
Latanoprost controlled release
Prostaglandin F2 alpha agonists
Alpha 1 adrenergic receptor antagonists; Alpha 2 adrenergic receptor antagonists
Bone development modulators; Neuron modulators; Paracrine communication modulators; Proto oncogene protein c akt modulators; SIRT1 protein stimulants
Learn more about the emerging glaucoma pipeline therapies @ Glaucoma Clinical Trials
Scope of the Glaucoma Competitive Landscape Report
- Coverage: Global
- Key Glaucoma Companies: Santen Pharmaceuticals, Visiox Pharma, Nicox Ophthalmics, pH Pharma, Omikron Italia, Tarsier Pharma, TearClear, Laboratoires Thea, EMS, Peregrine Ophthalmic, Ocuphire Pharma, HK inno.N, VivaVision Biotech, Qlaris Bio, Future Medicine, PolyActiva Pty Ltd, Theratocular Biotek, Whitecap Biosciences, JeniVision, AbbVie, Noveome Biotherapeutics, and others
- Key Glaucoma Pipeline Therapies: DE-130A, PDP-716, NCX 470, PHP-201, Citicoline, TRS01, TC-002, T4032, Bremen, POLAT 001, Nyxol, IN-A010, VVN539, QLS-101, FM 101, PA5108, TO-O-1001, WB-007, JV-GL1, AGN-193408 SR, ST266, and others
- Company Analysis, Therapeutic Assessment, Pipeline Assessment, Inactive drugs assessment, Unmet Needs
Dive deep into rich insights for new drugs for glaucoma treatment, visit @ Glaucoma Drugs
Table of Contents
Glaucoma Pipeline Report Introduction
Glaucoma Pipeline Report Executive Summary
Glaucoma Pipeline: Overview
Glaucoma Marketed Drugs
Glaucoma Clinical Trial Therapeutics
Glaucoma Pipeline: Late-Stage Products (Pre-registration)
Glaucoma Pipeline: Late-Stage Products (Phase III)
NCX 470: Nicox Ophthalmics
Glaucoma Pipeline: Mid-Stage Products (Phase II)
QLS-101: Qlaris Bio
Glaucoma Pipeline: Early-Stage Products (Phase I)
ST266: Noveome Biotherapeutics
Glaucoma Pipeline Therapeutics Assessment
Inactive Products in the Glaucoma Pipeline
Company-University Collaborations (Licensing/Partnering) Analysis
Glaucoma Market Drivers and Barriers
For further information on the glaucoma pipeline therapeutics, reach out @ Glaucoma Treatment Drugs
Glaucoma Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032 report deliver an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key glaucoma companies, including Novaliq GmbH, Kowa, D. Western Therapeutics Institute, Sun Pharma Advanced Research Company, among others.
Glaucoma Epidemiology Forecast – 2032 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted glaucoma epidemiology in the 7MM, i.e., the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
Open Angle Glaucoma Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast – 2032 report deliver an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key open angle glaucoma companies, including AbbVie, PolyActiva, SALVAT, among others.
Open Angle Glaucoma Pipeline Insight – 2023 report provides comprehensive insights about the pipeline landscape, pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and non-clinical stage products, and the key open angle glaucoma companies, including AbbVie, PolyActiva, SALVAT, among others.
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences.
SOURCE DelveInsight Business Research, LLP
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- September 2023
- Barcelona: BioSpain 2023
- October 2023
- New York City: BioFuture