Medical Equipment Calibration Services Market Size Worth $2.2 Billion By 2028: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, July 5, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global medical equipment calibration services market size is expected to reach USD 2.2 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 9.4% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is majorly driven by the demand for refurbished medical equipment, stringent regulations, and market strategies, such as total annual calibration service subscriptions, provided by service providers.
Key Insights & Findings:
- The third-party calibration services segment dominated the market with a share of 40.2% in 2020. This is owing to the quickest turnaround time for equipment calibration results when using a third-party source on-site
- The clinical laboratories segment is projected to witness the fastest CAGR of 11.2% over the forecast period, as these labs prefer to subscribe to annual or periodic service plans that cover the validation of all of the lab's instruments
- North America account 3d for the maximum revenue share of 37.0% in 2020 due to factors, such as the increasing number of medical devices recalls as technology becomes more sophisticated
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to register the fastest CAGR of 10.3% over the forecast period due to the strict regulatory regulations and increasing public awareness about the quality of services given in hospitals and laboratories
Read 100 page market research report, "Medical Equipment Calibration Services Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Service (OEM, Third-party Services), By End User (Hospitals, Clinical Laboratories), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028", By Grand View Research.
Calibration ensures the highest level of precision for medical devices while also lowering costs, making it an essential component of biomedical cGMP and FDA compliance. As medical equipment measurements have a significant impact on public health and safety, pharma and biotech businesses must adhere to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 regulations throughout testing, calibration, and sampling.
The calibration requirements for equipment are defined in title 21 of the FDA's Code of Federal Regulations. As per section 820.72, manufacturers are required to inspect, measure, and test equipment to ensure that it is adequate for its intended purpose and capable of producing correct findings. Noncompliance with FDA equipment calibration standards can result in significant financial fines. It ranges from $100,000for individual errors that do not result in a patient's death to $500,000 for a noncompliance issue that results in a patient's death.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a major impact on the market The healthcare sector has experienced unprecedented difficulty as a result of governments' clear social distancing attempts to prevent the virus from spreading. This has affected the sales reps, medical scientific liaisons, and pharma personnel's face-to-face interactions.
Grand View Research has segmented the global medical equipment calibration services market based on service, end user, and region:
- Medical Equipment Calibration Services Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Third-party Services
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Medical Equipment Calibration Services End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Clinical Laboratories
- Medical Equipment Calibration Services Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Medical Equipment Calibration Services Market
- Fluke Biomedical
- Biomedical Technologies Inc.
- NS Medical Systems
- Transcat, Inc.
- JM Test Systems
- JPen Medical
- TAG Medical
- Hospicare Equipment Services Corp.
Browse through Grand View Research's coverage of the latest developments and innovations in the Global Medical Devices Industry:
- Durable Medical Equipment Rental Market – Global durable medical equipment rental market size was valued at USD 24.2 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% from 2021 to 2028.
- Medical Equipment Maintenance Market – Global medical equipment maintenance market size was valued at USD 35.3 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.9% from 2021 to 2027.
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Market – global Durable Medical Equipment market size was valued at USD 168.87 billion in 2018 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 6.1% from 2019 to 2026.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- September 2021
- Vilnius: Life Sciences Baltics
- BioPharm America™ 2021
- Online & Oxford: BioForward 2021