Outlook on the Single-Use Bioreactors Global Market to 2030 - Featuring Cytiva, Merck Millipore & Pall Among Others
DUBLIN, April 6, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Single-Use Bioreactors Market by Type of Reactor, Cell Culture System, End-User, and Geography: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2020-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The modern biopharmaceutical industry, which is poised for significant growth over the coming years, is characterized by several blockbuster therapies and a robust pipeline of product/therapy candidates. Traditionally, stainless steel bioreactors were the preferred choice for production of biologics; however, over the past couple of decades, biopharmaceutical manufacturing has gradually witnessed a shift towards the use of single-use technologies. Apart from low contamination risk and better product yield, single-use bioreactors are easy-to-install and have a much smaller footprint, compared to the traditional stainless steel systems. In addition to enabling substantial cost savings (by eliminating the need for additional steps, such as sterilization, cleaning, and maintenance), single-use bioreactors are also less demanding of energy and are known to help conserve resources, such as water and CO2. Moreover, the upfront cost of such bioprocessing solutions is also not very high.
To date, many biopharmaceutical companies and contract service providers have upgraded their manufacturing infrastructure and facilities to include more of single-use systems. In addition, there are a number of companies that are now involved in the development and production of single-use bioreactors. Several of these players are now focusing on incorporating a variety of additional features, including provisions for alerts/alarms, built-in system process control sensors, electronic process logs, remote monitoring features, touch screens, and advanced safety provisions, in their proprietary offerings. We are also led to believe that the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to result in an increased demand for advanced biomanufacturing solutions. In fact, single-use bioreactors are extensively being used for the production of various COVID-19 vaccines. This presents lucrative opportunities for companies engaged in single-use bioreactors domain. The overall single-use bioreactors market is anticipated to witness substantial growth, primarily driven by the increasing adoption of such manufacturing solutions among small companies and startups in the coming years.
Scope of the Report
The report features an extensive study of the current landscape and the likely future potential of single-use bioreactors, over the next decade. The study also features an in-depth analysis, highlighting the capabilities of various industry stakeholders engaged in this field.
In addition to other elements, the study includes:
- A detailed assessment of the overall market landscape of single-use bioreactors based on a number of relevant parameters, such as status of development (commercially available and under development), type of single-use bioreactor (stirred tank, pneumatically mixed, rocker/rotating, wave-induced, paddle sleeve, fixed-bed, hollow fiber, diffusion, orbitally shaken, and others), scale of operation (laboratory scale, pilot scale, and large scale), area of application (cancer research, drug discovery/toxicology testing, stem cell research, tissue engineering/regenerative medicine, and others), typical working volume, weight of the bioreactor, stirrer speed, cell culture system (mammalian, insect, microbial, viral, plant, bacterial, and others), and type of molecule (vaccine, monoclonal antibody, recombinant protein, stem cell, cell therapy, gene therapy, and others). In addition, it presents details of the companies manufacturing single-use bioreactors, highlighting their year of establishment, size of employee base, and geographical presence.
- A contemporary market trend analysis, which include [A] a tree map, comparing the type of single-use bioreactor and company size, [B] an insightful grid representation based on scale of operation, area of application and type of cell culture, [C] heat map representation analyzing type of single-use bioreactor and area of application, and [D] a world map representation highlighting the regional distribution of players based on the location of headquarters.
- Elaborate profiles of prominent players (shortlisted based on number of products being offered) engaged in the development of single-use bioreactors. Each company profile features a brief overview of the company, along with information on year of establishment, number of employees, location of headquarters and key members of the executive team. It also includes details of their respective product portfolio, and recent developments and an informed future outlook.
- An analysis of the various partnerships related to single-use bioreactors, which have been established till September 2020, based on several parameters, such as year of agreement, type of partnership (full business acquisition, product/technology development agreement, product/technology integration agreement, product distribution/marketing agreement, product portfolio acquisition, service alliance, and supply agreement), focus area (expansion/upgrade of manufacturing facility, incorporation of automation solutions, product development/testing, product maintenance, product portfolio expansion, supply of cell media products/equipment), and most active players. It also provides the regional distribution of the players involved in the collaborations.
- A detailed competitiveness analysis of single-use bioreactors, taking into consideration several relevant parameters, such as the supplier power (based on expertise of the manufacturer) and key product-related specifications, including status of development, working volume, stirrer speed, weight of the product, scale of operation, type of cell culture, type of molecule, and area(s) of application.
- An insightful three-dimensional bubble chart representation, highlighting the competitiveness analysis of single-use bioreactor manufacturers, taking into consideration the supplier power (based on expertise of the manufacturer), product portfolio strength, portfolio diversity, and number of area(s) of application.
- A detailed brand positioning analysis of the key industry players, highlighting the current perceptions regarding their proprietary products by taking into consideration several relevant aspects, such as experience of the manufacturer (in terms of number of years), number of products offered, product diversity, number of area(s) of application, number of patents and number of partnerships inked.
- An in-depth analysis of over 2,800 patents that have been filed/granted for single-use bioreactors, between 1995 and 2020 (till September), highlighting key trends associated with these patents, across type of patents, publication year, issuing authorities involved, emerging focus area, patent age, CPC symbols, leading patent assignees (in terms of number of patents granted/filed), patent characteristics and geography. It also includes a detailed patent benchmarking and an insightful valuation analysis.
- A discussion on the key technological innovations, such as built-in system control sensors, advanced alarm systems, electronic-log records, touch screens, real-time tracking, remote monitoring, and advanced mixing technologies in the single-use bioreactors industry.
- A discussion on affiliated trends, key drivers and challenges, under a SWOT framework, which are likely to impact the industry's evolution, including a Harvey ball analysis, highlighting the relative effect of each SWOT parameter on the overall single-use bioreactors industry.
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the leading manufacturers engaged in the development of single-use bioreactors?
- What are the different applications for which single-use bioreactors are currently being used?
- Which partnership models are commonly adopted by stakeholders in this industry?
- Which features of single-use bioreactors are most important to end-users?
- What are the challenges currently faced by stakeholders in this industry?
- What are the key factors that are likely to influence the evolution of this market?
- How is the COVID-19 pandemic likely to impact single-use bioreactors market?
- How is the current and future opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
- What are the anticipated future trends related to single-use bioreactors market?
Key Topics Covered:
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3.1. Chapter Overview
3.2. Overview of Single Use-Bioreactors
3.2.1. Historical Evolution
3.2.2. Single-Use vs Traditional Bioreactors
3.3. Types of Single-Use Bioreactors
3.3.1. Based on Cell Culture
3.3.2. Based on Agitation Mechanism
3.4. Advantages of Single-Use Bioreactors
3.5. Challenges Associated with Single-Use Bioreactors
3.6. Key Applications Areas
3.7. Prevalent Regulatory Standards
3.8. Future Prospects
4. MARKET LANDSCAPE
4.1. Chapter Overview
4.2. Single-Use Bioreactors: Overall Market Landscape
4.2.1. Analysis by Status of Development
4.2.2. Analysis by Type of Single-Use Bioreactor
4.2.3. Analysis by Scale of Operation
4.2.4. Analysis by Area of Application
4.2.5. Analysis by Working Volume
4.2.6. Analysis by Weight of Bioreactor
4.2.7. Analysis by Stirrer Speed
4.2.8. Analysis by Type of Cell Culture Handled
4.2.9. Analysis by Type of Molecule
4.3. Single-Use Bioreactor Manufacturers: Overall Market Landscape
4.3.1. Analysis by Year of Establishment
4.3.2. Analysis by Company Size
4.3.3. Analysis by Location of Headquarters
4.4. Leading Manufacturers: Analysis by Number of Products
5. KEY INSIGHTS
5.1. Chapter Overview
5.2. Tree Map Representation: Analysis by Type of Single-Use Bioreactor and Company Size
5.3. Grid Representation: Analysis by Scale of Operation, Area of Application and Type of Cell Culture
5.4. Heat Map Representation: Analysis by Type of Single-Use Bioreactor and Area of Application
5.5. World Map Representation: Analysis by Location of Headquarters
6. COMPANY PROFILES
6.1. Chapter Overview
6.2. Leading Players based in North America
6.2.2. Cell Culture Company
6.2.4. Merck Millipore
6.2.5. Pall Corporation
6.2.6. PBS Biotech
6.2.8. Thermo Fisher Scientific
6.3. Leading Players based in Europe
6.3.4. Pierre Guerin
6.3.6. Sartorius Stedim Biotech
6.3.7. Solaris Biotech
6.4. Leading Players based in Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World
6.4.1. CESCO Bioengineering
7. PARTNERSHIPS AND COLLABORATIONS
7.1. Chapter Overview
7.2. Partnership Models
7.3. Single-Use Bioreactors: Recent Partnerships and Collaborations
8. PRODUCT COMPETITIVENESS ANALYSIS
9. COMPANY COMPETITIVENESS ANALYSIS
10. BRAND POSITIONING ANALYSIS
10.1. Chapter Overview
10.2. Key Parameters and Methodology
10.3. Brand Positioning Matrix: Cytiva
10.4. Brand Positioning Matrix: Eppendorf
10.5. Brand Positioning Matrix: Merck Millipore
10.6. Brand Positioning Matrix: Pall Corporation
10.7. Brand Positioning Matrix: Pierre Guerin
10.8. Brand Positioning Matrix: Sartorius Stedim Biotech
10.9. Brand Positioning Matrix: Thermo Fisher Scientific
11. PATENT ANALYSIS
11.1. Chapter Overview
11.2. Scope and Methodology
11.3. Single-Use Bioreactors: Patent Analysis
11.4. Single-Use Bioreactors: Patent Benchmarking Analysis
11.5. Single-Use Bioreactors: Patent Valuation Analysis
12. MARKET FORECAST
12.1. Chapter Overview
12.2. Forecast Methodology and Key Assumptions
12.3. Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Single-Use Bioreactors Market
12.4. Global Single-Use Bioreactors Market, 2020-2030
12.5. Global Single-Use Bioreactors Market: Distribution by Type of Cell Culture
12.6. Global Single-Use Bioreactors Market: Distribution by Type of Molecule
12.7. Global Single-Use Bioreactors Market: Distribution by Area of Application
12.8. Global Single-Use Bioreactors Market: Distribution by Scale of Operation
12.9. Global Single-Use Bioreactors Market: Distribution by Purpose
12.10. Global Single-Use Bioreactors Market: Distribution by End-User
12.11. Global Single-Use Bioreactors Market: Distribution by Key Geographical
12.11.1. Single-Use Bioreactors Market in North America, 2020-2030
12.11.2 Single-Use Bioreactors Market in Europe, 2020-2030
12.11.3. Single-Use Bioreactors Market in Asia-Pacific, 2020-2030
12.11.4. Single-Use Bioreactors Market in Latin America, 2020-2030
12.11.5. Single-Use Bioreactors Market in Middle East and North Africa (MENA), 2020-2030
12.11.6. Single-Use Bioreactors Market in Rest of the World, 2020-2030
12.12. Concluding Remarks
13. CASE STUDY: KEY TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATIONS IN THE SINGLE-USE BIOREACTORS INDUSTRY
13.1. Chapter Overview
13.2. Innovations in Bioreactor Display/Control Features
13.3. Innovation in Mixing Technologies
13.4. Concluding Remarks
14. SWOT ANALYSIS
16. EXECUTIVE INSIGHTS
17. APPENDIX I: TABULATED DATA
18. APPENDIX II: LIST OF COMPANIES AND ORGANIZATIONS
19. APPENDIX III: LIST OF BUSINESSES OFFERING ACCESSORIES, EQUIPMENT, AND AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS
- ABL Europe
- Adello Biologics
- Advanced Scientifics
- Aetos Biologics
- Applikon Biotechnology
- ARTeSYN Biosolutions
- ATMI LifeSciences
- Baxter International
- Bayer Technology Services
- BioInvent International
- Brammer Bio
- Cell Culture Company
- Celltainer Biotech
- CELLution Biotech
- CESCO Bioengineering
- Charter Medical
- Cobra Biologics
- Commonwealth Serum Laboratories (CSL)
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- And Many More Companies!
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/emnfd9
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- May 2021
- Shanghai: ChinaBio® Partnering Forum
- European Health-tech Innovation Week
- 7th Annual Immuno-Oncology Innovation Forum